Some digital enthusiasts require small, portable DACs and headphone amps because they’re always on the move from location to location. Others need flexibility with their digital gear, especially the ability to insert a headphone amp into virtually any system and achieve impressive sonic performance. The new ADL A1 headphone amplifier/ DAC is designed for both of these digital enthusiasts—even if they’re the same person!
The new ADL A1 is a high-resolution portable headphone amplifier and DAC that can be used with Android devices such as ADL’s own X1 and iDevices. The A1 is also DSD-capable when used with either Mac or PC. The high-resolution sound that can be achieved through the A1 makes it perfect for portable audio enthusiasts who use the highest quality headphones to delve deeply into a recording. It’s also ideal for those who want to run DSD 2X on either a laptop or a desktop.
While the ADL A1 is certainly small enough to be portable and convenient, it’s also loaded with innovative features such as:
• USB Mini-B socket for USB A output from a PC/Mac for music and to charge the battery
• USB A socket for Android music devices via OTG cable
• Optical and line out that combines a 3.5mm phone jack for line out with a mini-jack for optical output
• Additional 3.5mm jack for headphone output
• USB 2.0 high-speed compliance with DSD (2.8M and 5.6M data both supported), with the ability to sample 8, 16, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz sampling rates, indicated by LEDs on the front panel
• Switchable between USB-A, USB-mini B and optical inputs
The portable audio enthusiast will also appreciate the A1’s long battery life. While the battery in the A1 lasts approximately 7.5 hours after a full charge, it can be completely recharged in around 5 to 5.5 hours. That provides an exceptional amount of flexibility for playback while on the go. Down time and scheduling concerns will be minimized.
The ADL A1 is a truly versatile portable headphone amplifier and DAC. It’s flexible enough to be used in a countless number of applications, it’s small enough to fit just about anywhere and the sound quality is extraordinary. You’ll appreciate the signature Furutech sound in every component offered by ADL—smooth yet detailed and focused. The ADL A1 is clearly an example of innovative Japanese design at the cutting edge of technology. Are you ready for it?
Applicable Android Device as of 2015.
* Please check if the ADL A1 ASIO icon is on the desktop screen to confirm successful installation.
* Please also adjust the ASIO Buffer Size to maximum to ensure smooth playback.
Adjust the Foobar output function Buffer length to 1030ms to ensure smooth playback.
When the battery charge of the Android device runs low (10~20%), music playback may stop.
Reason: Android devices are programed to cut digital signal output at low battery charge.
When playback is initiated on the connected Android device or during playback, sound comes from the Android device and not the A1
Reason: Battery charge on the A1 is too low to receive digital signal input from Android device.
※Notice regarding the A1’s front panel indicator:
・During playback of High Resolution files using a High Resolution Music App on an Android device the front panel indication will only show 44.1kHz.
・The front panel indicators are not compatible with all playback software for MAC and PC, so they may not indicate during playback depending on software . ADL recommends Foobar 2000.
Front Controls and Indicators:
① Headphone and Analog out-1 (4-pin) : 3.5mm phone jack for headphones output
② 3.5mm Optical input jack: for SPDIF signal 24bit/192kHz Max.
③ Line input (4-pin): 3.5mm phone jack (switched) for analog source input (When 3.5mm Line In jack is used Android digital signal input is deactivated)
④Volume: Rotary-type variable resistor with power on/off
⑤ Charging Indicators: Three colors: RED, GREEN and ORANGE LED RED indicates charging/GREEN indicates full charge/ORANGE indicates low charge
⑥ Line input and Headphone out-1 (4-pin): ADL A1 Headphone Out supports 4pin 3.5mm headphones and earphones with remote and mic when the source is connected to the Line In jack with a 4pin 3.5mm stereo cable
⑦ USB Mini-B socket: For connection to Windows and MAC music sources via USB Cable and to charge battery (Internal DC3.7V 2600mAh Li-ion Type Rechargeable Battery)
⑧ USB A socket : For connection to Android Device music sources via a USB On-The-Go Cable (USB OTG cable is USB-A to micro-B type)
⑨ Headphone / Analog out-2 (3-pin) or 3.5mm Optical output: Combined 3.5mm phone jack or mini optical output jack for headphone or connection to external amplifiers via mini Optical cable (Optical out supports Android digital signal 16bit/48kHz Max.)
Top Panel LED Indicator:
• DSD Indicator: sample rates will indicate according to the computers sample rate signal 2.8M or 5.6M
• USB DAC (digital source - Mac or Windows USB connection): sample rates will indicate according to the computers sample rate settings ( 44.1/ 48/ 88.2/ 96/ 176.4/ 192kHz )
• Android Device digital connection: sample rates will indicate at 44.1kHz or 48kHz when connected with USB OTG cable
• Android Device analog connection: sample rates will indicate at 44.1kHz (When 3.5mm Line In jack is used Android digital signal input is deactivated)
• 3.5mm Optical input: If the playback sample rate cannot not be set at source, the 44.1kHz LED will indicate (Max. 24bit/192kHz sampling rates supported)
• Playback of computer based files using iTunes on either Mac or PC: sampling rates will indicate according to the computers sample rate settings (44.1/ 48/ 88.2/ 96/ 176.4/ 192kHz)
※Playback of computer based files using iTunes with Windows XP: sampling rates cannot be set, in this case the A1 will indicate at 44.1kHz
• Input Selection: Switchable between Android (USB-A input) /Line in, Optical Input and Windows/MAC (USB-miniB input)
※Switch must be reset after each selection, simply switch the ADL A1 on and off
There are no reviews for this product.