• Available finishes. Mahogany or olive veneer and piano-lacquered black
• A quiet running AC motor with a two-step pulley drives the platter's outside edge via a belt.
• The transparent acrylic plinth stands on three height-adjustable Sorbothane®-damped aluminium cones.
• The motor is decoupled from the plinth to reduce vibration transmission.
• The resonance-optimised platter is a sandwich construction utilising the hub, a fine-balanced medium density fibre platter weighing 2Kg, a 4mm thick flat-ground layer of vinyl and a screw-down metal record clamp.
• The platter's low-tolerance chrome-plated stainless-steel axle runs on a Teflon bearing plate in a sintered bronze bearing housing.
• Connection to the phono input of the amplifier can be made with connecting cables of your taste through the gold plated phono sockets and earth screw. A standard cable is provided.
• External power supply avoids potential electro-mechanical interference.
• As an optional extra, the turntable is supplied with Ortofon 2M Red MM-cartridge fitted.
• The headshell and armtube are fashioned from a single piece of carbon-fibre.
• Conical armtube avoids standing wave reflections.
• Inverted tonearm bearing comprises four hardened stainless tips in ABEC7 spec ballraces.
• Rings provide very solid arm bearing housings. The outside ring is open to avoid resonances.
• Design of counterweight effectively counteracts unwanted resonances.
• The counterweight supplied is suitable for cartridges weighing between 6 - 10g. Alternative counterweights for cartridges weighing between 11 - 15g, 8 - 11g or 5 - 8g are available as an accessory part.
• Counterweight shaft lowered to record level reduces cantilever forces and dynamic wow when playing warped records.
• Solid armbase permits accurate height adjustment of armtube and VTA (vertical tracing angle).
• Single-screw fixing of armtube allows rotation for easy adjustment of needle azimuth despite fixed headshell.
• Silicone-damped armlift can be adjusted to suit working height of the arm.
• The internal wiring consists of flexible high-purity copper from the headshell right through to the gold-plated phono sockets.
• Dust cover included
Pro-Ject 2Xperience Classic
|Fitted cartridge||optional Ortofon 2M Red|
|Nominal speeds||33 / 45 r.p.m.|
|Supplied Pro-Ject phono cable||standard cable|
|RCA phono sockets||yes|
|Sorbothane-damped aluminium cones||yes|
|Tonearm with fibre armtube and sapphire thrust-pads||yes|
|Effective tonearm length||9 " (230mm)|
|Effective tonearm mass||8,5g|
|Supplied counterweight||cartridge weight 6 - 10g|
|Optional counterweights||cartridge weights 11 - 15g, 8 - 11g, 5 - 8g|
|Downforce range||10 - 30mN|
|Speed variance||±0,5 %|
|Wow and flutter||±0,08 %|
|Signal to noise||-70dB|
|Power supply type||Mains-fed outboard power supply|
|220 - 240V, 50 cycles or 100 - 110V, 60 cycles|
|Output voltage||16V/500mA AC|
|Dimensions (lid open)||460 x 390 x 460mm|
|Dimensions (lid closed)||460 x 133 x 360mm|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)